The Thing about Bridgerton

If there was one show that was talked about last year, it was Bridgerton Season 2. 

There were articles on it, the show trended on twitter, there were interviews with the new cast joining the show.

Despite having little interest in romantic movies and TV shows (they are usually formulaic after all), I too got caught up in the hype. 

I watched the show when it released and...it was underwhelming.

Perhaps I had overestimated how much I would enjoy this show? 

Before the release, there had been talk about the Bridgerton book series and how Kate and Anthony were their favorite couple. 

The second season was based on the second book in the series: THE VISCOUNT WHO LOVED ME.

After watching the show, I wondered, could it be that the book is better in this case? 

I have watched movies based on books before and enjoyed them. Sometimes they have done justice to the original work. Sometimes the story deviates a little, but the core elements are intact.

Perhaps, I thought, I may just enjoy the books more.

And so I found THE VISCOUNT WHO LOVED ME. 

And off I go to read it.


Comments